We collaborated with Birdie Fuel to bring you some amazing cold brew!
Cobra Strike Cold Brew is strong but smooth with an infectious aroma and has a deep chocolate base with enough sweetness to drink black. With its low acidity and consistent flavor, it is a forgiving blend that lends itself well to this particular brewing method. It's already course ground to make the best cold brew.
At a glance cold brew and iced coffee seem to be synonymous, but in reality, they could not be more different. There are three main differentiating factors between the two:
BREW: Cold brew, as apparent from its name, is brewed cold. It is never heated up. It is a process that requires more time and patience than the standard brewing process. Iced coffee, on the other hand, is brewed hot and then cooled down and poured over ice.
CAFFEINE: Cold brew has 3 times the amount of caffeine than standard coffee.
TASTE: The heating and cooling process involved in making iced coffee weakens the taste, and it often just tastes like watery, cold coffee. The heat also causes higher levels of acidity, as opposed to cold brew which has half the acidity normally found in coffee. Cold brew is slightly sweeter, much smoother, and easier on the stomach.
HOW TO MAKE COLD BREW COFFEE
Using French Press:
1. Add ground coffee & cold, filtered water to French Press (we recommend a 4:1 ratio of water & coffee. For example, 4 cups of cold filtered water to 1 cup of ground coffee).
2. Stir, cover & leave in fridge overnight
3. After ~ 12-18 hours, press & enjoy!
Using a Mason Jar:
1. Add ground coffee & cold, filtered water to jar (we recommend a 4:1 ratio of water & coffee).
2. Stir, cover with lid, & leave in fridge overnight
3. After ~ 12-18 hours, strain coffee using a fine mesh strainer and/or cheesecloth & enjoy